Sunday, October 26, 2014

We guard on. -Research paper questions

I have decided to do my research paper about my dream job of becoming a permanent lifeguard.  Although I am going to school for air traffic controlling, my heart will always reside besides the pool. After being taught at the age of 4 to swim by lifeguards and living the 'summoned life', I feel as if I have finally found my out what I was meant to do in this world but am grief stricken that I cannot fulfill my job due to it being a seasonal job and age being a factor, I cannot rescue lives forever :(. In order to hopefully fulfill my craving of guarding during the off season, I've decided to go even further in depth and finally figure out more about life guarding.  As a result, here are some questions I have came up with a few questions to help further the knowledge of not only myself, but also to the guards who may be reading and also have the same questions about guarding. Hopefully, this may also encourage my non-lifeguard readers to become lifeguards, or at least take CPR/AR/AED courses at their local Red Cross center.

  • What are some other reasons lifeguards chose being a lifeguard?
  • What are other types of certifications in the life saving world can one get?
  • Benefits of having a CPR/AR/AED certification. 
  • How being a lifeguard as a teen has affected the older generation.
  • Where are some of the older generation lifeguards at in life now?
  • Lifeguard related jobs that one can pursue for a full time job.
  • The salaries of lifeguards at other facilities.
  • How many lives have been saved from lifeguards a year at a pool or water park.
  • How many lives have been saved from off duty lifeguards, or citizens with CPR/AR/AED training?

No comments:

Post a Comment